Friday, August 28, 2015

38 Weeks

^^ Best (soon to be) Cousin Friends ^^
38 Weeks || 27 Weeks

How far along? 38 Weeks 6 Days

Weight gain? Back up a pound since I lost one last week

Measuring at? 36-37cm....which is smaller than I should be...but then she felt my stomach and said the baby felt like about 6-7lbs. (how they guess that is beyond me...so I'm taking that with a grain of salt). She checked dilation and I'm still not dilated at all. 

Labor signs? I feel like I've had some contractions but definitely nothing consistent or super strong yet. 

Gender guess from mom and dad? Mom guesses Boy still unless she goes into labor on the 5th then she might second guessing and thinking it's a Girl! Dad guesses this week

Sleep? Rough, if my heartburn isn't bad I sleep okay, but still wake up to pee frequently!

Showing? Definitely

Best moment this week? Emily and I went and got Mani/Pedi's last saturday which was very nice and needed. Then Andy and I went with his parents on Thursday night to celebrate him graduating!

Looking forward to? This baby coming OUT!

Miss anything? My baby-less body, no heartburn, being able to walk without wanting to die...

Cravings? Anything I can't have right now. So basically anything that gives me heartburn right now..

Happy or Moody? Mooooody. I am so uncomfortable and so so tired of being pregnant. I am frequently irritable right now as well. I'm just pretty unpleasant in general. 

Baby movement? Tons, though I was worried earlier this week (Mon) that baby wasn't moving at all and I could not for the life of me remember the last time baby moved so I got worried but then baby moved and everything felt fine. 

Feeling prepared? Same as before, things are more packed for the hospital but still don't have much for me. Need to do that soon...

Anything else to report? I asked my doctor about inducing me around the 8th of September (after my due date but not fully 41 weeks), and she said that she probably won't until my Bishops Number is a 10 (a bunch of different measurements put together that equal the Bishops Number), which is usually being dilated to a 3..I doubt that'll happen so unless this baby miraculously comes fast like all my siblings did then I'll probably be induced the 12th or something haha! My mom never dilated but would have tons of contractions and the baby would come soon after, so we don't know if maybe that's how I'm going to be...time will tell. I'm getting very impatient though..
Heartburn: My Grandma gave me Papaya Enzymes that work gloriously! I've also decided this last week that I'm pretty sure heartburn medications are the cause of my heartburn (or at least they definitely don't make it feel better). These Papaya Enzymes are chewable tablets that you take 3-4 right after a meal (or when you are feeling heartburn), and it immediately relieves the symptoms of heartburn! These are seriously the only things that have helped so far, so hopefully they continue working and get me through a few more weeks! (I wrote this before, but on Tuesday I believe, my esophagus felt like a hole was being burnt through it from the acid in my throat and absolutely nothing that normally works would help, so I finally took a Halls Throat Soother that numbed my throat and made it feel better...so that was bad. I was worried that it was from the Papaya's so I haven't taken many the remainder of the week..)



No comments:

Post a Comment