Friday, September 4, 2015

39 Weeks


We are ready for you baby....any day now!

How far along? 39 Weeks 6 Days

Weight gain? Up a pound since last week 

Measuring at? 38cm (she said that is still in the normal range and bigger than last week so things are okay). She checked my dilation and I was barely a 1 after she kind of forced it, but also said I'm 60% effaced. 

Labor signs? Probably TMI (I want to remember this for myself mostly), starting Tuesday and every morning since, I would wake up and go to the bathroom first thing, I would have a snot like (think runny nose) discharge and then would have some diarrhea (only tuesday and wednesday with diarrhea), but it only happened that one time (of the day) in the morning (every morning), so Tuesday I for sure thought it was my mucous plug and that my water would break later that day..of course it didn't. Today, after my appointment (Dr. Grover said it was most likely my mucous plug which is a good sign!) I went shopping and when I got home my underwear was sort of bloody/brown. Normally the mucous plug does that but I wasn't sure if it was from her checking me or not. Later today after my nap, I had more mucous like stuff come out that was bloody/brown so I know for sure my mucous plug came out, which is a good sign but doesn't necessarily mean I will have the baby today. All evening I've had more contractions than normal, nothing consistent yet, but definitely something is happening so that's great! 

Gender guess from mom and dad? Mom guesses Boy still, and Dad guesses Boy this week after a flip of the coin

Sleep? The last few nights I have not been tired around 3:30 for about 2 hours or so, so it's been pretty miserable at night..

Showing? Yes for sure

Best moment this week? Not a whole lot...I've been laughing a lot this last week because Andy is working from home. It's been really nice having him here so I don't worry as much.

Looking forward to? Getting this baby out/getting through the weekend

Miss anything? Everything I've said before...

Cravings? I have been craving lately Rita's Gelati, it tastes so yummy!

Happy or Moody? I think happy this week, I've been laughing a lot like I said before but I think it's to keep myself from crying constantly because I'm super over having this baby.

Baby movement? Tons

Feeling prepared? Much more, thinking we were about to have the baby any moment got us out to finish some preparations like getting my nursing bras/tanks.

Anything else to report? My Doctor is leaving town tomorrow until Monday for Labor Day Weekend (her dad Dr. Joseph Glenn) will be on call, so I'm hoping that I don't go into full labor until Tuesday cause I really want Dr. Grover to deliver, but I'm not going to stop the baby from coming out before then if the baby feels so inclined.
Andy gave me a blessing after my appointment and blessed me to know I'm loved by my Heavenly Father. After a very long pause in the blessing, Andy stated that I would not be having the baby today or this weekend. He also stated that Dr. Grover would be the one to deliver me. A few hours after the blessing is when all the labor stuff started happening, I still feel like I wont have this baby until Tuesday, but if for some reason the baby come sooner even after the blessing I know without a doubt it was to calm me down and to have me trust and rely on the Lord. That's been the ultimate test of this pregnancy is trusting in the Lord's timing. It's been really hard, but when I finally started feeling like I was trusting in Him, I started having labor pains. I know the Lord has a plan and in mindful of us. I will continue to trust in Him. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment