Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fine Details...May 5, 2012

All of these pictures are just little details that I planned out forever in my mind, and probably no one noticed!
But I don't care, I still love it all and wouldn't change a thing!

I gave the lady who did my cake, a picture of a cake that I wanted.
She did a wonderful job trying to make a cake look like the picture!
It was the whole inspiration for my wedding, so I'm glad it turned out wonderful.


I bought these Chevron striped pieces for the center pieces.
And the succulents are the "flower" on my cake.


Thanks to pinterest-which I tried not to base my whole wedding off of-I found these "I Spy" things for guests to do with disposable cameras on the tables.
I had my friend Hannah design it and come up with some things to take pictures of.
It turned out great!
Unfortunately, to get disposable cameras developed is like $10 a camera...and I have 22
so feel free to donate to the camera developing fund! Haha


Even though we weren't supposed to, (until White Willow gave in to us), we had Cold Stone cater!
Best. Decision. Yet.
Seriously, everyone was ranting and raving about the ice cream and how fun that was!
But let's be honest, do I seem like an ecclair/cheesecake kind of a girl?
No.




Fun fact that no one knew until probably now:
When Andy asked me to be his girlfriend (I should do a fun post on that another time),
James Taylor "How Sweet It Is (to be loved by you)" was playing on the radio.
So I wanted to incorporate it into our wedding!
It was perfect to make this banner that hung over the candy bowls!


Most people get candy that are matching to their wedding colors.
When your colors are grey, white and green...you don't do that.
So I chose all our favorite candies, because I wanted to take home left over candy that I love..not hate!
Not that there was any candy left!
I guess that's what happens when you put good candy out for your guests!



We chose White Willow Reception Center, because we wanted an outdoor reception.
BUT having a wedding in May, you NEVER know if you'll have rain or shine.
So we had to find a place that could accomadate to both indoor/outdoor.
With about 45 minutes left of our reception there was a break in the line,
so we took the line inside to warm up a bit.




I made the guest book we had.
It was a task, but still way fun to have an original guestbook.
And nothing from pinterest!
I took an idea from etsy, and changed it a ton to make it my own.
And I loved the outcome!
Plus, I think people understood what to do pretty well.
Phew!

Basically I had pockets on each page, and tags laying out for people to sign.
When they signed the tag, they would tuck it into a pocket.
Pretty simpe, but super cute!

We heard so many good things about our recpetion from people.
It makes me feel so much better about all the planning!
Too bad we were in one room greeting people so we couldn't enjoy it as much as we would have liked to!
Haha!

Love, B

Stay tuned for...
Tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment