Monday, August 20, 2012

An Annual Thing?

This last weekend, my husband was sweet enough to let me go on a girls trip with Emily!
Wednesday evening we headed down to St. George.
On our way down, there was a gorgeous sunset, so we stopped to take a picture!



Our Grandpa Stallings always says, "Leave your troubles in Paragonah."
Because the Legacy condo is a place for us to go and relax and have a good time making memories!
So (picture taken on our way home..shh), we left all our troubles in Paragonah and headed for the Legacy!


The wall in the Legacy condo.
I love my family!


We decided on this weekend, and my parents happened to be going to Las Vegas this weekend as well for a Dental thing, so my mom was planning to be alone in Vegas.
So we figured since Emily had never had Serendipity before,
we'd go to Vegas one day and visit my parents,
mostly to keep my mom company!
So on Thursday, we swam for a bit, in the million degree weather.


Then we went to the strip.
It was too hot to get out and walk the strip so we drove down to one end and back to the other.




We decided to park and go watch the fountains at the Belagio.
Bad idea...it was HOT.
Staring right into the sun to watch the fountains was not a good idea, but we endured it.
I LOVE the fountains!




After the fountains, we headed over to Serendipity to put our name down on the waiting list.
It wasn't too bad of a wait, and my dad met us there after his meeting.
Eating at Serendipity always will remind me of New York on my senior trip with my parents.
We ate there and it was the best eating experience I've ever had!
Their food is delicious, and the Vegas one is a pretty close second.


We ordered the Onion Ring tower for an apetizer, which for some who hates onions,
I didn't think it was gross!


Then Emily and I ordered the Macaroni and Cheese.
I had read that it was really good, and it was true!
Super yummy.


Our waitor was kind of weird, but funny at times too.
He snapped this picture of himself when I asked him to take a picture of us.



Then my dad told him to get in the picture, haha.


Frrrozen Hot Chocolate
I'm drooling already...



After we ate, we decided to show Emily the Belagio fountains at night when they are fun to watch.

Side story:
This chick was smoking right in front of us, and blowing her smoke right into our faces.
It was so disgusting, but we continued to watch the fountains anyway, trying to ignore her.
Finally my dad was so pissed, he went up and grabbed her cigarette and threw it in the water saying, "I can't take it anymore, you blowing your smoke in our faces." This chick was PISSED, to say the least, but I was so happy my dad did something about it. I don't care if you smoke, but at least be kind enough to not blow it in people's faces. In hind site, we thought maybe it would have been best to ask her nicely first, but we were all a little annoyed by stupid people at this point haha!


*I have a video of the night fountains where you can see my dad throwing the cigarette, but it won't upload yet...
I don't know why it never works, but I'll figure it out soon!*

I didn't get a picture, but at the swimming pool in Vegas, we had a creepy pool guy come and clean the scum off the pool the entire time we were swimming.
We all kept laughing about it, saying how he should probably do it when no one is there, or when it's not 100+ degrees!
Then the next day Emily and I were swimming at the Legacy, and the pool guy came and cleaned the pool!
We felt like we couldn't get away from pool guys!
So funny.




Ya think we have enough pool floaties for 2 girls??




On Saturday, we decided to go to Zion's National Park.
One of my favorite National Parks!
It was packed with people though, so that was kind of annoying.
But you can't expect it to be dead on a Saturday.




First we drove through the park before we chose a hike to do.
We chose to do the hike to the Narrows.
We didn't quite make it to the narrows, but we still had a fun time.
We got to play in the water a bit, and enjoy the great outdoors as well.








The water felt soo nice to get into and cool off our feet.









This cliff thing looked like a runny nose to us!
It was awesome.




Squirrels were EVERYWHERE!
So I snapped a few pictures thinking it was cool, until there were literally 30 of them!


We came back and got cleaned up for dinner, then took the golf cart for a cruise!
It was a blast, because we were super hyper...if you can't tell!



Sunday, we took our time cleaning up, and then headed home.
We were pretty sad to be leaving..so of course we had to take a picture.


And then it turned into a photo shoot, haha!




Until next time Saint George!

Love, B

1 comment: