Friday, June 6, 2014

Next Chapter

Last Saturday was my last day of work.
Today concludes my first full week of not working.

For the last 6 years, I have been a dental assistant for my dad.
It was the best job I could have ever asked for.
I got to work {literally} next to my dad everyday.
Not only did I get to work with my dad everyday, but I also got to spend it with my mom.
She cross trained me during those 6 years to work up front with her.
I feel so blessed to have been able to work along side my parents for so long.

Even though I am not technically done completely, it'll be nice to have a break and be a 
"Stay-At-Home-Wife".
I am still working for my dad part time as his "Surgical Assistant". 
Which is only Monday & Friday's usually (and not every Monday/Friday).
I will continue to work that schedule as long as I can.
It should work when we eventually have kids, as well as now.
So I am really excited for this time in my life.

I've wanted for a while now to be able to quit.
It was a very hard decision.
In fact, I tried quitting and just couldn't do it then, so prolonged it to now.
It's definitely a bitter sweet feeling, especially when you love who you work for and what you do.

Taken on my last day 5/31/14

Andy and I are in a good place in our lives right now.
We are working together to accomplish a lot of goals we have.
We appreciate all the love and support our family and friends have shown us 
as we go through some changes over the next year or so.

But just so everyone stops wondering and asking....
NO WE ARE NOT EXPECTING.
So please don't ask, thanks!

Love, B


No comments:

Post a Comment