Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Masklophobia"

For some reason lately, 
I've felt like I should share some secrets with you all (whoever "all" of you might be).
So what better secret to start with than this one...
I have Masklophobia.
To save you from having to look that one up on google, 
here's the definition--->Fear of Mascots.
It's true, I hate them.
I'm terrified of not knowing who the crap is under the mask.

Case and point.
Back when I lived at Ventana.
Mind you, my face is terror, Morgan's is making fun of me!


So to get to my point of this post,
I am terrified of mascots, so when a patient came into work and said he was a mascot for a living...
I bluntly told him I'm scared of him.
He ended up giving us tickets to the Mascot Bowl at Lehi High School on the 30th.
I got up the courage to go.
I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be.
I think it was a major help to know the person under the mask.
Unfortunately though, he wears one of the creepiest masks haha!
Harley for Harley Davidson.
He's Sasquatch. 
Freaky.
Basically what happened at this Mascot Bowl was a huge accomplishment...






Skydivers started the festivities off by flying onto the field.














There were tons of mascots there from all over the place.
Willie from UVU, the Jazz Bear, Cosmo from BYU, Benny the Bull from Chicago Bulls, etc.
Tons of different ones, it was awesome to see all of them come together to be crazy.






Mascots would come into the stands at different parts of the game if they weren't on the field playing.



TOUCHDOWN Cardinal!








Chase, Lucy, Mom, Dad, Leslie, Kendrick, Ryan, Paige, Emily, John, 
Andy and I were all the people who went this year!

This Bear lost his clothes during a play and was wearing a bright pink thong.
It was awesome haha!











When I said above, that what happened at this game was a huge accomplishment for me...
This is what I was talking about...

I mean just look at my mom's face in the lower left corner.
Pure shock and laughter of course!
All I could hear while I was hugging Harley was my family cheering for me, "Go Bailey!!"
It was definitely a lot easier to hug that creepy thing when I know the guy under the mask!
*And unfortunately I handed Andy my camera instead of my phone so the pictures aren't the best quality due to it being dark outside, but there will definitely be more pictures with Harley in the future.*



Thank-you, Harley for the tickets, we had a blast and will definitely attend the years to come! 
And we are so glad you are now apart of our "Dental Family"!

Love, B


1 comment: