Saturday, October 5, 2013

Essential Oils, Part I

This post has been written for quite sometime now, but since I am sharing a huge secret that majority of you do not know about me, it's been hard to post it. But I keep having that feeling like I should share my experiences with you guys, in case some of you may be feeling the same way and don't know what to do about it.
Here's another secret about me!
(Let's all just get to know each other a little better everyday.)

---

About a year or two ago, 
I began having major anxiety attacks and claustrophobia.
My claustrophobia started a long time before that, 
but it never quite brought on the attacks that it does now.
I sometimes think I know what will bring it on, 

I am too hot.
I am not comfortable in the clothes I'm wearing.
My hair is in my face.
Someone is too close to me and I feel unable to escape.
Someone dunks me under water.
The blanket around my feet is in a weird position.
I can't get comfortable in the car, in bed, on the couch, etc.
My hands feel dirty and I can't touch my face.
My wedding rings are too tight.
My earrings are irritating my ears.

but honestly, sometimes those things don't even trigger it either.
Sometimes it comes from no where.

I can always feel it coming on, but I cannot always stop it.
Now I'd have to ask Andy for sure, but I am almost positive when I first had an attack he thought I was someone else in my body.

I turn into a psycho.
I sob uncontrollably to the point where I am gasping for air.
My heart aches so bad that I want to rip it out of my chest.
I have rapid breathing that eventually makes me light-headed and dizzy.
I scream.
All I want to do is rip off all of my clothes and anything else restricting,
even when I already have that all off.
I repeatedly yell, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry".
To which Andy always replied, "It's okay baby, I'm with you, everything is okay now."

Bless his heart, Andy has been great.
He has gotten it down to a T on how to best help me calm down quickest.

But the hardest part of all of this is when we are with people, or when we are in the car, or at a movie, or literally any other time you could think of that it wouldn't be convenient (always).

My mom is a distributor of DoTerra Essential Oils.
And if anyone wasn't a fan, it was me.
Until about 6 months ago.
I still have a hard time with the smells.
I have a very sensitive sense of smell and gag reflex.
So smelling any oil that wasn't good, let along eating any of them, 
was the grossest thing I had ever thought of doing!
From the beginning of her doing them though, I was always her biggest seller.
I would tell ANYONE which oil to use, etc.

"I have a horrible sore throat that won't go away!" -someone random
"Use _(this oil)_. It will seriously help you so much!" -me

But recently my mom bought all the kids in my family a key chain with mini oil bottles in it.
Amazing little key chain, seriously!




Let me first state that I am not an expert at this stuff, and I use a LOT of resources to help me know how to use different oils.
The resource I use most is the OilRN, whom I know many of you follow on instagram as well!
She has a website www.oilrn.com, but if you follow her on Instagram I know you won't be sorry.
Visit it if you have any questions regarding Essential Oils, or I know you can email her.

On my key chain, there is....
On Guard, Lavender, Serenity, Melaluca, Purify, Breathe, Peppermint, and Citrus Bliss.



OnGuard – Antibiotic, Builds Immune System, Kills harmful Bacteria, Mold & Viruses, Sore Throat, Cankers/cold sores
Lavender – Sleep aid, Insect bites, Burns, Bruises, Cuts, Scrapes, Emotional Balance, Allergies
Serenity – Anxiety, Sleep Aid, Stress, Tension Headaches, Nervous System & Emotional Balance
Melaleuca – Candida, Antifungal, Antimicrobial, Athlete’s foot, MRSA, Immune building properties
Purify – Insect bites, Cuts, Anti-microbial, Surface disinfectant, Remove Odors from the air/clothing
Breathe – Asthma, Bronchitis, Congestion, Cold, Flu, Respiratory Congestion
Peppermint – Headache, Fever, Stomach discomforts, Joint pain, Sinus congestion, Focus
Citrus Bliss – Elevating, Disinfectant, Kills airborne pathogens, Immune Support, Stress Relieving
(taken from the OilRn's website, link above)

If you notice in the oils that I constantly have by my side, majority of them help with anxiety, stress relief, and emotional balance.

And all I can say is
THEY REALLY DO WORK!
I feel 100% better when I have these oils on.

(and this is just me talking about the oils working with my anxiety, 
I may have to do another post on how I use the oils for different things.)

Citrus Bliss has been my constant companion since I bought it a few months ago.
It smells heavenly, and it helps my anxiety SO much!
Just as the oilRn says, there is not just one oil that cures all, and not always will the oil that works for me, work for you too.
But the cool thing about oils, they are safe to try them all!
So do it!
Find that one..or twenty, that help you.

I use Citrus Bliss all day, when I feel an attack coming on I rub some on my wrists, over my heart, and even on my neck. Some mornings I even rub it on my feet just to start my day off right!
I use Serenity and/or Lavender to help my attacks at night before I go to bed and while I'm sleeping.
I usually diffuse it in my bedroom.
(Though I am in the process of buying a much better diffuser).

I seriously would recommend these oils to anyone, and if you haven't tried them, I encourage you to!
You can buy them through my mom, or any other distributor that you may know
or go directly to www.doterra.com.

I personally have seen the benefits of essential oils and I feel a hope of my anxiety not being such a hassle on me and my little family (Andy and I) thanks to them!

I would love to hear about your experiences with oils if you've had any, or if you even know some more ways I can use oils for my problem!

Love, B

*I was not paid by DoTerra for posting this blog post, 
I wrote this on my own free will and choice 
because I wanted people to know how amazing these oils are.*

No comments:

Post a Comment