Sunday, October 14, 2012

Motorcycle Trip

It has been 6 years since I last went on a motorcycle trip with my dad, 
so this trip was much needed!
It was a blast! 
I sort of, kind of...invited myself on this trip that my dad was planning with his friend Jeff.
BUT it was so much fun!
I'm so glad he let me join in!
We left on the 10th and came back on the 13th.

I rode on the back of my dad's motorcycle and then Jeff rode on his own bike behind us.
We hit Moab, the Four Corners, the Grand Canyon-South Rim, Bryce Canyon, and many cities and towns in between!





Spanish Fork Canyon



My view




Jeff being the leader



Helper, UT


Helper, UT

Helper, UT

Helper, UT



Helper, UT was named Helper because of the trains. To get the coal through the canyon they had train cars called Helper trains, so they named the city after the train. 






























































We stopped to see the Four Corners, USA.


Apparently, only a few years ago, none of this was here. They only had the marker marking the four corners.
It is now a place where you can buy stuff from the natives and sit on nice benches, and it's all paved!







Utah Flag


My Dad & Jeff
















School Kids














Almost every house we passed had a school bus in the yard!


At the gas station we stopped at in Many Farms, CO- there was 3 or 4 dogs just running around the gas station..homeless. It was pretty sad. This one was laughing by the gas pumps.


The sign says, "No loitering", so instead of loitering by the sign they moved to the bushes 10 feet to the side.

















In AZ, there was a horse that was just roaming about the street, and no one around seemed to think it was weird!










In Flagstaff, AZ we hit some Snow, Hail and Fog...
















Grand Canyon National Park


Grand Canyon, South Rim.
The fog was crazy!











This stuff was inside the watchtower that you could go in to look at the Grand Canyon from a higher point.






















Within about 30 minutes of us being there the fog cleared and it was so pretty!


Pretty much every time we'd look away and then back at the canyon it'd look different because of the fog/clouds.
So pretty! Ps. South Rim is WAY prettier than North Rim!
















This is a bridge that you go over and can park at to look of the other part of the bridge.
It was gorgeous!













On our way to Bryce Canyon.














Bryce Canyon is one of my favorite canyons because it is a hidden beauty! You drive through a forest basically and have to get out of your car and walk up to see the canyon. So if you just drive through Bryce Canyon you'd have no idea how gorgeous it truly is!







 





This is the "forest" you drive through when going through Bryce Canyon.













I didn't get pictures of some parts of our trip because it was too cold to take my hand out of my glove to take a picture! But oh my gosh, this trip was gorgeous, and there is truly nothing better than cruising around on a motorcycle. The sights you can see and the smells you can smell are far better than being in a car! Trust me!
So if you ever get a chance to "invite yourself" on a motorcycle trip, don't pass it up!

Thanks Dad and Jeff for letting me tag along! I loved riding with you guys and trying to capture the beauty of this country through a lens!
(Which by the way, the real thing was WAY better than these pictures!)

Love,
B




1 comment:

  1. You weren't joking about how many pictures you uploaded for this post. The cursor on the right of my screen is like barely a centimeter tall. Still great pictures though!

    ReplyDelete